Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Job, New Location, New Life


Erik was offered the police job in Port Angeles with a wage 2/3 higher than what we make now. So, there we go. All of us have come to the consensus that we are happy, sad, and excited about moving. The older kids will miss their dad, family here, friends, and school but are looking forward to starting a new school, meeting new people, being around new family, finding a new house, and having a place to play outside.

I, too, am sad, excited, and nervous.

Reasons to Stay:
  • Family

  • Kat's Family

  • The Restaurants I Love

  • The Kids' School

  • My Favorite Coffee Shop

  • The Huge Movie Theaters

Reasons to Go:

  • Family

  • Better House

  • Better Neighborhood

  • More $/Discretionary Income

  • No Dead Bodies on the Property, Crazy Stalkers, Felons

  • No One Parking 3 Feet From My Bedroom Window

  • Having a Newer House

  • Not Having to Drive 80 Minutes a Day to Take Kids to School

  • More Coffee Shops

  • Not Moving Around All the Time

  • Finally Having a Home Where I Will Raise My Kids (and Want to Raise Them There)

  • Building a House/Home Instead of Being Embarrassed to Tell People Where I Live

  • More People Getting to Know My Kids for the Possibility of Having Long-Time Friendships

What I Am Nervous About

  • I Don't Make Friends Easily

  • Not Having a Job (To Be Honest, I Worry About That Now)

  • Everyone Likes Erik So Much; I Don't Want Them to Say, "Erik's Great but His Wife's a Bit Odd."

  • No More Friday Shabbats?

  • No Hot Topic, Torrid, or The Gap

  • Selling Our House and Finding a New One

  • People Harassing Erik to Go to Church

  • My Kids Finding Friends

  • What Kind of Jewish Community They Have

Anyway, we need to be in Port Angeles the 17th of May so we need to pack and do everything the beginning of May. We would love help loading the trucks if anyone is free. I will find out more solidified dates later.

In other news, I went to the dermatologist today. I loved her. Her name is Sheri Rosenblat. She is Jewish and I had fun talking about Passover which is right now. She was extremely nice. I thought while I was there I would get a wart removed just to find out it wasn't a wart and she didn't know what it was. She removed it and is taking a biopsy of it. I had to have two more biopsies and had to have my blood drawn to test for diabetes, folic acid deficiency, B vitamin problems, or thyroid problems. I will get the results in a week. I have been really sluggish, even with exercising all the time so I hope they figure out why. I need to set up an appointment with a neurologist because my migraines went from 2 a week to 4 or 5. The dermatologist asked me if I noticed if I were allergic to perfume or anything. I said I was and she told me that having those allergies along with the fact I look like I have some kind of skin problem making me have really dry skin (I knew my hands were always dry and cracking but I didn't know it was the rest of me too.) may mean my skin doesn't have the resistance it needs so is reacting this way.

I talked to Dad yesterday and he said he thought he had sun stroke and was real tired. The dermatologist said that is similar to this but having it all the time. What sucks is I have to take allergy medicine and that makes me more tired.

Erik and Aaron are cleaning out the sheds because of the neighborhood clean up happening right now. I will really miss Aaron and I feel really bad kicking him out of the sheds. I wish I could give him the sheds and sell the rest of the property to someone else. I have had a lot of fun living close to Aaron and Jessie and feel they are my friends along with being family.

One last thing, Jeffrey finished another book, Vampirates, and loved it. Now he is reading Circ de Freak. Calista is on the 5th book in the Spiderwick Chronicles and has actually liked having the heat off because she gets to take a bath and that allows her to stay in longer and play. Ewan had his immunizations two days ago; I can't believe he is 1/2 a year old already. He has been feverish and throwing up since then. Carson told me her first joke she made up (bear with me, usually only parents think kids' jokes are funny).

Carson: I'm annoyrd

Me: What? You're a nerd?

Carson: No, I'm annoyed.

Me: You're annoyed? (I said in disbelief, thinking I mention nerds more than I mention being annoyed; I guess I say that more than I know.)

Carson: (with a creepy, soft voice) Nooooooooooooooo.

Me: Are you being creepy?

Carson: Oh Mom, it's just a jokey joke.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck with the move. It's always difficult and exciting to move to a new place. Hope all the medical tests can tell you something that helps!

Brittney said...

We are still waiting for pictures of your trip. How was it? Are you at your in-laws yet?