So, we left Utah. Jared flew in from PA to help move. We packed the truck and they set off for their 17 hour drive. They did make a short stop in Pocatello to see Dad and Diane. Thanks for the moped Dad. I dropped the older kids with their dad and I stayed with the young'uns at my mom's. She took us to the Cheesecake Factory which had a delectable chocolate cake. After two days we headed off. I picked up the older kids from their father's house and we all started to cry. Kevin, Beth, and Kennedy cried and Jeff and Calista started to really cry. Seeing my children emotionally hurt made me start crying. Amazing beginning to a vacation right? I think it finally hit that we were leaving. Then, we headed to Vegas. Alisha had forewarned me of Sadie having croup but said she was feeling better and wasn't contagious. We had a great time at Alisha's. 

We went to the park and Alisha gave me tons of burned dvd's. I left thinking I should've visited her sooner as I doubt I will get back there for quite some time. Who knew that nice, short trip would bring such disastrous consequences.
We left to L.A. I like and hate travelling with kids. We stopped at Peggy's 50's diner which was nice and fun but odd being stared at for having so many kids. I hate needing to use the bathroom and having to cart in so many kids. I followed my directions to what I thought would be the hotel in Anaheim, just to find out I followed them to LAX. I then had four children and two hours to sit around and do nothing. Sit I did, with a bottle in my pocket which leaked all over my bum. Deciding not to sit around might be a good idea so we went to Starbucks and had snacks (and a much needed coffee to appease my insanity). With 10 minutes till Erik's and Jared's flight came in, I decided to see how many times I could drive around LAX before seeing them: 4. Finally, we headed to Anaheim.
Even though we stayed in Anaheim, we went to Sea World first. It was busy. We didn't make it to any of the shows but the dolphin one which was fun. Again, I wasn't able to see the manatees, my second favorite next to the sting rays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy0HEXPlI_Y&feature=related
2 comments:
lol
Did you feed the sting rays? We never had before and got to this time. It was WILD! Like a vacuum sucking the fish and your hand in. That was my favorite thing about Sea World this trip.
My favorite thing to do at Sea World is touch the sting rays. I have never fed them but a woman bought fish for her daughter to feed them and her daughter wouldn't do it so the lady gave it to us. It kind of freaked me out, thinking my hand would be sucked in with the fish and at one point I freaked out and let go. I could only get Jeff to do it with me. We spent the longest time there but since you are reaching so far to touch them, I didn't get great pictures so I didn't post them.
Post a Comment