In other news, the #1 candidate for the PAPD didn't pan out and this month Erik goes in for a Chief's interview and polygraph test. We may get to move after all. He hurt his back this week but couldn't take work off because he already took a day off to help me with the kids because I had slipped down the stairs hurting my ankle and smacking my back. I did try getting him heating pads but that mixed with a lack of sleep has made a tough work week. He did a new shift bid and by fluke in May he starts the perfect schedule, days with Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off so we get him evenings and partial weekends. This doesn't start till May though. We will see how Port Angeles pans out to see how much time he gets this new shift. He has been great as of late. He is always great but lately he has watched how when he gets stressed he says things that he doesn't mean. They aren't rude things but bring down the mood in the house. This coupled with one-on-one time with Jeff and Calista has helped subdue the fact that our neighborhood is less than stellar and the repercussions thereof. Other news is that Carson is calling me Angela or mommy Angela more often which is fine by me as she calls Erik: Erik, Daddy, Pop Pop, or (my favorite right now) Erik Snert Smiff (Erik Stuart Smith). I told her to say Smith to mom when we went to lunch with her today and instead she just said, "Thhh" and consequentially spit in mom's face. It was pretty funny. We had a great time at lunch with my mom. Carson has also learned how to spell her first name in sing language.
Ewan isn't that happy with bottles lately but I fed him bran and he threw it all up. I hope he's not allergic. He truly is a zombie baby as he often tries to suck and eat my face off; he also stretches his arms to the limit while reaching out to grab objects while saying, "Mmmm." I love trying to make close-sounding words to what he says. For example, "mmmm IIIIII dddddaaaaaa uhhh phblb(spitting)" becomes, "mom, I don't spit."
Many of you (mostly Erik) have said I don't have pictures of me so I decided to put one of me that Calista drew. 

Apparently, I am a troll; she told me I shouldn't laugh because it took a long time to draw. This picture came as a card with the tip of the hat showing on both pages. Here is the inside picture, a queen chick. Personally, I would rather be the troll; it looks more fun. I love you Calista. 

Calista told me the thing she is most scared of is the dark. She was fine for awhile but with the events around our house, she is frightened again. She had a night light that was a lava lamp. I wonder if they are fire hazards; they get so hot even after short use. 
So, I bought her a little lamp from IKEA. She loves the lamp and it softly lights her room better than the lava lamp without heating. I love IKEA.
No comments:
Post a Comment