


So, I figured I was a bad parent if I didn't post pictures of my kids on Halloween. I have the lucky experience of having a mom who is an expert seamstress, so, thank you mom for making the kids' costumes. They turned out great. This was an interesting year for me because it demonstrated how old my kids are getting. Jeffrey has a girlfriend, Jolyn, and this year he went trick or treating with her and her two other girl friends. He's such a good kid and since I didn't tell him a specific time to be home, he was home at 7:00 (I was going to call him at 8 and tell him to head home). As per usual, none of the kids cared for having a lot of candy. Carson was the only one who wanted to keep trick-or-treating but Erik and Calista were cold so they came home. They have a great thing in Port Angeles where the kids could go trick-or-treating downtown from 2 to 5 so we went as soon as the older ones were out of school. This way if you have younger kids, you don't need to take them out very late. I stayed home to give out candy. I was all prepared and happy, this being the first year we trick-or-treated at our own house, it being safe enough to do so. We bought a big bag of candy at Costco and had a total of two trick-or-treaters, named Calista and Carson. Anyway, it was loads of fun and next year I won't buy this much candy and I am sure I will have many kids here, just to spite me.
Jeff wants to go to the Twilight movie for his birthday. Do you think it is 11-year-old friendly? The book is shmoopy but not bad but you never know what to think of movies.
Two mini schnauzers followed Jeff and Calista home today. They didn't have collars or tags. We let them in because they were well behaved and people don't tend to have schnauzers as wild dogs and my cat freaked out. I grabbed her to keep her from tearing the dogs up and she scratched me some good ones on the arm. We took the dogs to the humane society to see if they had chips which they did so the humane society took them. I asked if they would call me when the owners picked them up and they said they wouldn't, so I will call back tomorrow to see if they made it home. My kids were all sad to see them go. I hope if my dog gets lost someone will do the same for me although I'm sure kids would run from him as he seems to have little dog syndrome where he barks like he's a meanie when really my cat and anything else can pick on him.
5 comments:
I feel your pain in the bought-too-much-candy issue. I figured with as many kids as there are around our house that burst in trying to sell me things, we'd have a ton of trick-or-treaters, but not so. We had more than you, obviously, but still didn't even get rid of half of it... As for the movie...I don't know. If it follows the book it will be okay, and he's a pretty mature kid, so I think it might be alright. We plan on going when we get there for thanksgiving, perhaps he can go with all of us!
Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee that if you don't buy very much candy, you will get a TON of trick-or-treaters. Its just a law of life. We didn't get any either. I can't say I mind though. I tend to buy the candy I like, and the selfish part of me is glad no one came. :) I love the costumes, by the way. How nice of your mom to make them!
angela.. those are such cute costumes.. How are things going in PA.. Has jeff read all 4 twilight books or just the one? I plan on going to see it but i am more excited to see the harry potter movie in July than the twilight movie but i want to see both. I hope things are going well for you and your family.. Love you guys
Hi, this is Jeff.............Well hi.
WE never get trick or treaters either. Last time we got ten families, so I put the candy in a ziplock bag and put it away with the rest of my Halloween stuff. Kind of gross, but the kids don't really care if the candy is stale, half the stuff you buy in the store is probably a year old anyway.
Oh, and what are you implying with this not posting Halloween pictures of your kids?
Post a Comment