Stu and Shar went on their anniversary trip today so I took Ewan and Carson and drove them to the ferry. Erik stayed home to sleep and Jeffrey and Calista stayed home to play. After I dropped them off at the ferry I took Ewan in the backpack and Carson in the stroller and I walked around the mall with them. As I was in Barnes and Noble, Carson did a funny thing. I was looking at some books and a boy around ten years old was looking at books in the same section. Carson started saying, "Johnny, where are you going Johnny? Why aren't you talking to me Johnny?" Then she turned to me and said, pointing at the boy, "That's Johnny, Mom." She looks back at the boy "Johnny boy, oh Johnny boy. You should come home Johnny boy." Where did she get all that? Interesting.
So, we bought a house. I am going to post pictures of it when we finish cleaning it up. It is nice and across the street from a park and we got the house for a great price. It isn't the house we will stay in for years and years but it is a great house and has room for us all with a nice yard and more than one bathroom. We can't wait to get it fixed up and move in. Consequentially, we are extremely busy.
Jeff and Calista finish school tomorrow and neither of them actually want to be done. Hopefully they will remember to get some phone numbers so they have people to hang out with over the summer. A great thing about the house we bought is it is in the elementary school they have been going to so can stay knowing people. They have liked having the freedom to stay here by themselves for awhile without adults having to be around.
Erik's getting used to sleeping during the day and being up all night. This graveyard shift isn't the easiest and not the most condusive to working on the new house.
5 comments:
I am glad things are going pretty well. That is so exciting to be getting into a home. I am jealous. We all missed you at the family reunion. Tell the kids hi and I love you all.
I need to see some new pictures of you and your family!!! We miss you guys. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday. Welcome to the thirties.
No doubt, where are your house pictures, also could you email me your new address?
I hate the little word verification, apparently I can't tell what the letters are because I always have to try it three times before it goes through.
Ummm...hello? Are you ever going to post again?
P.S. I'm jealous that you guys will get all the Seahawks games without paying 300 dollars for the privilege. Dude! I should buy a slingbox and mail it to you guys. Then I can watch the seahawks games streamed from your tv over the internet. Or not.
We want to see pictures of your new house!!! Hope everything is going well.
Post a Comment