We did get everything moved in and finished a while ago but stayed busy. Here is Jeffrey's room. He likes it a lot because it is upstairs and there aren't as many spiders. He also gets a bookshelf just for himself. His room started out a bright blue-green with wierd squares painted all over.
Here is Calista and Carson's room. We let them pick their room color because we had to paint over the dark maroon covering every wall. Of course Calista picked pink and Carson picked blue. This was the way it turned out. (I got to pick the shades). They got the master bedroom because it was the only room big enough to hold both of them and their talkitiveness, I mean toys.
Ewan's room is the least finished as I haven't found the perfect thing to put on the walls yet. He was the only one without drapes as we brought the other kids' from the last house. We went and bought these green drapes which we thought would match but little did we know what it would do to his room. Erik called it the Radioactive Room and I called it the Great Green Room till my mom came and sewed him some new, cuter, with dinosaurs on them, drapes. It looks better now. His room was previously all a nasty blue, including the ceiling.
Here is our upstairs living area. I decided to give the kids the upstairs minus the hall bathroom and sharing the kitchen. I love it this way. We have an entertainment area, art area, music area, and homework/desk area. This was previously a dirty white everywhere. I now love all the paint color in the house. I chose them from Mo Willems' books, except the red which would almost take a novel to explain so we will just call it interesting and leave it at that.
This is getting annoying. My blog isn't working right and isn't letting me move pictures. So here's the house. Guess which part is my favorite.
2 comments:
I LOVE YOUR MUSIC!!!!!! The pictures of the house are great, too. I'm just glad I get to see it and all of you ALL the time!
Thanks for finally putting pics of your new house. I looks much nicer than the old one, and bigger too. Hopefully you won't have any dead guys in a shed! The inside looks great. Hope everything is well!
Post a Comment