Well, everyone else seems to have a blog so I figured I would hop on the bandwagon and make one myself. I also thought I would start one because I never write down the cute and quirky things my family does. For example, today I was out eating with the two babies (though Carson isn't much of a baby anymore, we call the kids the older kids and the babies) and Erik and out of nowhere Carson grabbed a piece of lettuce off my plate, tore it in half, dipped it into ranch, stuck it in her mouth, looked at me, and said, "What?" while laughing. She is definitely the jester of our family.
Jeff asked me who the jester is and I said probably Carson because she not only laughs at others but she loves people to laugh at her. Jeff wanted to be the jester but admitted that he doesn't like it when people laugh at him. If you all didn't get the email, he is working on an history project. If his emailing annoys anyone tell me and I will tell him to stop. Jeff finally found two good friends. One is a boy and they have the same book, Vampirates, that they set reading goals so they can discuss it together at school. He decided to do the same thing with his dad so he bought his dad The Black Tatoo so they could read it together.
Calista has decided to be a vegetarian and is doing quite well since last Friday. Jeff, consequentially, is taunting her with phrases such as, "MMMM. Chicken is so good, don't you think?" He really is turning out to be an older brother. Calista decided she may want to be a veterinarian and a playwrite when she grows up. Erik and I told her to be a playwrite now. She writes plays for her spelling homework and they always have animals in them.
Erik is leaving on the 5th of March to Port Angeles to do a test and an oral interview for the police department there. I hope things go well. This plan seems the wisest for our family right now. I really think every day how lucky I am to have him in my life. He is an amazing person. He would like to go to law school and become a lawyer. I think this is a great idea because he thinks so well and is able to reason things out while I am a bit more impulsive. Erik just keeps on arresting people, some we even have heard of. If nothing else, his job is never boring. Right now he called me and he is helping out with an explosion that happened at an apartment complex.
He did an amazing thing for me for Valentine's day (even though as a Jew I technically don't celebrate this day). He bought me a guitar and I am trying really hard to learn it. This is pretty difficult as I have no hand/eye coordination along with the fact that I have never played an instrument and it is all completely foreign to me. For example, the book teaches two E7 cords and then in the song you are supposed to play it doesn't designate which E7 version you are supposed to use. It's very confusing. Besides this I have been becoming more interested in photography and I think I will make a book for Carson and hopefully Ewan. Every day I am surprised as to how little time I have to myself to do any sort of hobby. With the kids, the guitar, and trying to exercise, by the evening I am exhausted. It doesn't help that Ewan has been feeling kind of sick.
Ewan had his 4-month-old check up two days ago and he got 4 shots, 2 in each leg. He hadn't gone poo in 4 days or so. Today Erik and I had to prod him to go to the bathroom and I had to take in a stool sample to the doctor. She thought he might have blood in his stool since it still comes out like brand-new babies. It turns out he doesn't but now we have to put him on adult laxatives too, just like Carson. There are certainly some days I feel my whole life revolves around poop and puke.
Overall, things are great. I love my family and they are all so unique that nothing is ever boring. At night, when we have dinner together we play 2 truths and 1 lie and the kids love using an appropriate time to lie (though they aren't very good at it thank goodness) and I always find out great information about their days. Right now I am into a green kick. My clothes were all old and I decided to stop wearing baby tees as I won't be bothered with pulling them down all the time. So, with the tax return we finally bought me levis that fit and a bunch of tee-shirts. Most are green and black because they are from the bands Dropkick Murphy and Flogging Molly who I love right now. I also want to know if anyone has any music from the Moldy Peaches or any folk music or Irish punk music. I am always looking for music recommendations.
Well, I just need to say I am lucky to have a family as great as you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment