Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Best Dad Ever



I wasn't going to post a blog today but something interesting happened. If you didn't know, Carson is completely potty trained now. For over a week she hasn't had an accident or worn diapers. Now we are working on getting her to go to the bathroom by herself. As this picture conveys, she loves to carry around little animals. Along with the bunnies, her favorite toy is an inch and a half tall dog named Grommit that Erik had when he was a kid from the show Wallace and Grommit. Today Carson took Grommit into the bathroom with her and as she climbed off the toilet she dropped him in. She didn't know what to do so she flushed. She came into the room where I was and started crying and told me what happened. She cried, "He was my favorite toy!" That is the first time she has ever said something like that. Erik and I felt so sad. Erik checked the toilet and sure enough, Grommit was gone. Carson kept asking me where Grommit is. Erik told her he was floating around in water but he may come back. I looked at him in dismay as he walked over to the computer. He promptly bid on the same Grommit being sold on Ebay. Hurray! He won. So, Grommit will be resurrected as soon as Erik pays the $3 and $5 in shipping and the people mail us Grommit. (What people do for their kids, huh.) To our luck she is also getting the sheep, robot dog and his owner, and a replicate of Wallace, the penguin, and the wrong trousers (which we will hide just in case there is another unhappy mishap with other members of the gang). Anyway, this and so many other reasons are why I say Erik is the best dad ever.

No comments: