This was almost ruined by crazies knocking on our door at 1:30 a.m. but here it is
Ode to Erik
Well Dressed
Shoe Obsessed
Without you many a foot would hurt from its flat-soled, low-cushion, Payless shoe. A woman is lucky if she finds a man with such a flare for shopping. It is no wonder everywhere we go we see someone you dated.
Hogwarts Finder
Music Grinder
Your attention to our children is unparalleled by other men. From drilling the importance of practicing to marching across a field, suitcase in hand, looking for a Hogwarts train, your parenting is unmatched.
Skeptical
Often Bespectacled
One feels a sense of accomplishment and part of a select club if one understands the dry, sarcastic humor you exude revealing your intelligence.
Has No Superlative
Far from Conservative
With you there is never one way to look at anything. You are a complicated man with strong beliefs who empathizes with those living in this grey world. Throughout all, you remain protective and just.
Chore Delegator
Pee-Wee Impersonator
Legos stabbing in my feet; kids have dripped food on my seat.
A million questions, “Why, why, why?” dog is puking as he runs by.
Dead guy found in a shed; follow the routine to put kids to bed.
Can’t see the teens they text too much; IPod earphones add a nice touch.
It’s chaos when you’re not around.
Accomplished
Cherished
Scrabble Winner, Spanish Speaker, History Major, Police Officer, Parental Unit, Role Model, Nerd Extraordinaire, Lover Personified, and most importantly, Mine.
Seven-Year Itch?
I’m not sick of you yet.
3 comments:
Well, you said it all, and beautifully...I can only add, that he is a wonderful and caring son, to a quirky and "worry-ful" mother. He is the best, isn't he?!
Mm, indeed, well put. There was a reason I wanted so badly to be accepted by him growing up. Tried to be interested in the things he was so we'd have more in common and he wouldn't think I was such a geeky little sister. You guys sure have had an interesting 7 years, I'll give you that!
Wow, you are an incredible writer. I knew you loved literature, and I assumed you could write, but this was phenomenal.
Post a Comment